Soft cake with an amazing pumpkin spice flavor! It starts with a cake mix and is baked in your crock pot. It’s topped with a creamy cheese frosting and crunchy walnuts. You need this one on your holiday dessert menu!
TGIF! Let’s have cake..in the crock pot!
This cake is amazingly easy and perfect for fall. It’s baked right in your crock pot (slow cooker) , topped with a cream cheese frosting and it’s so good. 🧡
What Do I Need to Make Pumpkin Spice Cake in a Crock Pot?
*️⃣ Crock Pot ( Slow Cooker)
*️⃣ Crock pot liners or parchment paper.
*️⃣ Electric mixer + mixing bowl.
*️⃣ Spice cake mix.
*️⃣ Pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie mix)
*️⃣ Canola oil.
*️⃣ Pumpkin pie spice.
*️⃣ Cream cheese.
*️⃣ Powdered sugar.
*️⃣ Walnuts. (optional)
*️⃣ Caramel sauce. (optional)
A few recipe notes:
1. The crock pot used for this recipe was a 6 quart oval pot. You can use a larger pot or use the slow cooker function on your Instant Pot. But, your cooking time may be different.
2. If you can’t locate a spice cake mix, a regular yellow mix will also work.
3. Don’t forget to line your crock pot with parchment or crock pot liners. This will make clean up MUCH easier.
4. Once your cooking time is complete, remove the pot from your crock pot and let the cake cool for 10-15 minutes before removing the cake completely.
5. Your cream cheese and butter should be softened before making the frosting. This will give your a nice, smooth consistency.
6. Add a drizzle of caramel sauce before serving..it’s a great finishing touch!
A look back:
one year ago: 15 Salted Caramel Recipes to Enjoy
two years ago: Weekly Meal Plan #4
three years ago: Chocolate Chip Pie
four years ago: One Pot Spaghetti
five years ago: Cranberry Sour Cream Pound Cake
Soft cake with an amazing pumpkin spice flavor! It starts with a cake mix and baked in your crock pot. It’s topped with a creamy cheese frosting and crunchy walnuts. You need this one on your holiday dessert menu!
- 1 box, spice cake
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 water
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- chopped walnuts, for topping, optional
- caramel sauce, for serving, optional
- Line your crock pot with parchment paper or liners.
- In a mixing bowl, beat cake mix and remaining cake ingredients until fully combined.
- Spread batter into crock pot.
- Cover and cook on high for 1 3/4 hours-2 hours or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Remove pot from crock pot and let cake cool for 10-15 minutes, then, remove cake completely and cool completely before frosting.
- Beat frosting ingredients until fully combined and fluffy. Frost on cooled cake.
- If desired, top cake with chopped walnuts and serve with a drizzle of caramel sauce.
Keywords: crock pot, slow cooker, pumpkin, pumpkin cake, cake, dessert, spice cake mix