Kiddie Cocktails are a fun,easy drink for kids ( and adults) this holiday season!
Hello and hiya friends!
If you celebrated, I hope you had a nice Thanksgiving. Mine was good. Besides the holiday, we had tons of errands to get done. It was crazy busy. I need a holiday to recover from the holiday!
Speaking of holidays…When I see this label, it’s a total blast from the past:
When I was a kid, every Christmas Eve, my father would make us kids these. We would sit at the family bar (built circa 1960’s…very spiffy) and drink from real bar glasses. We were an extremely sophisticated bunch. 😉
We don’t have a bar here in my house, but, we do drink these Kiddie Cocktails every year on Christmas Eve. My kids love them (so do I!) and they are just a delicious way to make your holidays extra fun.
Just two ingredients needed:
- Lemon lime soda ( ex: 7UP, Sierra Mist, Sprite)
- Grenadine syrup.
What is Grenadine Syrup?
- First, grenadine syrup does not contain any alcohol. It is a sweet flavored syrup that is usually used in non alcoholic drink. It is sweet and will not only give your drink a bit of a berry taste, but, a fun pink color. Normally, it’s made from pomegranates.
- You should be able to find it in any liquor store or in the liquor section of your grocery store. My grocery store only sells wine and beer and they even stock it.
- You can also make it homemade. Note: I haven’t tried the homemade syrup recipe myself, but, it doesn’t seem too difficult of a recipe.
How to Make:
- As a rule, I like to add about 1 ounce of syrup to every 8 ounces of soda. However, you can add as much or as litlte as you wish. If you haven’t tried grenadine syrup before, I would recommend starting out with a small amount and increase as you wish.