Air Fryer Puff Pastry Danishes- Simple danishes that pack a punch! These require just a handful of ingredients and are made right in your air fryer.
📌 Pin it for Later:
- Puff pastry
- Jelly or jam
- Egg wash
- Coarse sugar
- Powdered sugar
Puff Pastry: I use the frozen sheets of dough that can be found in the dessert freezer section of the grocery store. Be sure to let it defrost before starting.
Egg Wash: Simply whisk an egg in a small bowl with about a tablespoon of water.
Coarse Sugar: This is can be found in the same section as your regular granulated sugar in the grocery store. It is also referred to a sparkling sugar or sanding sugar. I use a natural turbinado sugar for this, check out the recipe card for the product I like.
How to Make:
- First, let you puff pastry thaw. Then, on a lightly floured surface, roll it out flat.
- With a pizza cutter or sharp knife, cut the the sheet of pastry into 9 equal size squares.
- Spoon a tablespoon of jelly into the middle of each square.
- Then, bring together two opposite corners over the jelly. Seal it with a dab of egg wash. Continue with the remaining squares. Brush the tops of each sealed pastry with more egg wash. Then, top with coarse sugar.
- Spray the basket of your air fryer with non stick cooking spray. Working in batches, cook at 325 degrees for 8-10 minutes or until brown.
- Let the danishes cool for about 5 minutes before removing them from the air fryer. Once removed, whisk together the powdered sugar and milk for glaze. Then, drizzle the warm danishes with the glaze before serving.
Storage: Keep any leftovers in a covered container in the refrigerator.
Remember: Cooking time may vary, depending on your air fryer. For your first batch, cook just 1 or 2 danish to test.