Chicken Rice- Forget the boxed version! Make this popular side dish right at home. Great chicken flavor, with less sodium and much cheaper than the store bought stuff. This chicken rice is a great side dish for a wide variety of meals.
- Chicken bouillon
- Dried parsley flakes
- Dried celery flakes
- Minced Onion
Pin it for Later:
Chicken Bouillon? This can be found in the same section as the chicken broth in your grocery store. It is made up of dried spices and chicken flavoring. See the recipe card for a link!
- Long grain white or brown rice
- Water or Chicken Broth
How to Make:
- First, blend together the dry spices for the chicken flavoring. You will not need the entire amount for 1 batch of rice. Keep any remaining blend in a covered container/jar. It will keep for several months.
- When making your rice: In a saucepan, add water or chicken broth with the dried rice. Add in about 1/4 cup of the chicken rice blend.
- Bring the mixture to a boil and cover.
- Reduce the heat and simmer.
- Important! If you are making white rice, simmer for 15 minutes. If you are making brown rice, simmer for 45 minutes.
- Another Important! Don’t lift your lid while the rice is simmering.
- Once it’s done, remove the lid and fluff with a fork.
Serve it With:
- Easy Baked Chicken
- Honey Crusted Chicken
- Cheesy Ranch Chicken
- Air Fryer Chicken Breasts
- Baked Parmesan Chicken