Chocolate Mayonnaise Cake with Chocolate Buttercream Frosting- – A creamy, moist chocolate cake that’s made with mayonnaise! Then, frosted with delicious buttercream frosting to make it even better.
- Unsweetened cocoa powder
- Baking soda + Baking powder
- Hot water
- Powdered sugar
Mayonnaise?! Yes. It’s not that weird, if you think about it. The basic ingredients of mayonnaise are eggs and oil. What are common ingredients in a cake? Eggs and oil. 👍
📌 Pin it for Later
A few notes:
- If desired, you can make this in a 9 x 13 baking instead. Simply increase your baking time to 35 minutes.
- The amount of frosting for this will probably be a bit much for a 9 x 13 pan. If so, keep any leftover frosting in a covered container in the refrigerator.
- You should also keep any leftover cake in a covered container in the refrigerator.
More Chocolate Cake to Explore:
- Chocolate Cockeyed Cake
- Double Chocolate Fudge Layer Cake
- Chocolate Pudding Cake
- Chocolate Caramel Poke Cake