A smooth vanilla buttercream center that is drenched in chocolate. Just like Fannie May!
- Powdered sugar
- Whipping cream
- Chocolate chips
Butter: I do recommend using real butter for these.
Chocolate Chips: Semi sweet, milk chocolate or dark chocolate will all work!
How to Make + Recipe Notes:
- First, melt your butter. Once melted and cooled for a few minutes, stir in the vanilla.
- In a mixing bowl, add the powdered sugar and melted butter. Mix to combine. Add in the whipping cream and beat until fully combined. It will be soft.
- Refrigerate for at least 15-30 minutes. This will firm it all up. You can refrigerate it for a longer period of time, even overnight, if desired.
- When you’re ready, scoop a bit of dough and roll into a ball. You want them to be about 1 inch in size. Tip: If the dough is a bit sticky, coat your hands with a little powdered sugar. This helps when rolling them.
- Once they are all rolled, stick them in the freezer for at least an hour. Again, you can freeze them for longer, if desired/needed.
- After the freezing time, melt the chocolate and shortening. You can do this with a double boiler, creating your own double boiler, on the stop top or in the microwave.
- I find creating my own double boiler works best for these.
- Coat the frozen candies in the chocolate and place on a parchment lined flat rimmed baking sheet to set.
- Note: If you are topping with sprinkles, nuts or coconut, do before the chocolate sets! If you are drizzling with candy melts, you can still do this once chocolate sets.