The classic appetizer! Creamy deviled eggs with added sausage and sharp cheddar cheese.
- Bulk Sausage
- Sharp cheddar cheese
- Dijon mustard
- Dried paprika
Sausage: I used a standard breakfast sausage, but, feel free to use any type you like. (Italian, mild, spicy, sweet, etc) It just needs to be crumbled. You can also use a turkey version, if desired.
Mayonnaise: Want to make it homemade? Try it! It’s easy.
Cheese: I prefer a sharp cheddar, but, a mild or extra sharp will do just fine. Go with your preferred taste.
How to Make:
- First, brown your sausage, crumbling as it cooks, until it is no longer pink. If necessary, drain, then, set aside.
- Next, fill a saucepan with cold water and add in eggs. Bring it to a boil and cook for 15 minutes. Drain the eggs under cold water. Let them cool completely before next step.
- Peel the shell off the cooled eggs and cut in half. Scoop out the yellow yolks and add them to a clean bowl.
- Mix together the yolks with mayonnaise, mustard, salt, pepper and cheese. Stir in cooked crumbled sausage.
- Spoon the mixture into each egg white half.
- Garnish with additional cheese and paprika.
Storage: Keep any leftover eggs in a covered container in the refrigerator. Eat within 1-2 days.
Try these too!
- Sausage and Cheese Breakfast Bake
- Homemade Breakfast Sausage
- Creamy Italian Sausage Spaghetti
- B and B Casserole ( Breakfast Sausage and Egg)