Sweet maple and cinnamon bread drenched in a powdered sugar glaze. Perfect for breakfast or dessert!
- Baking powder + Baking soda
- Salt + Ground cinnamon
- Maple syrup
- Powdered sugar
Maple Syrup: While I do recommend using pure maple syrup for this, I know it can be costly. Feel free to replace with imitation maple syrup or make your own.
How to Make:
- First, make your batter. Be sure not to over mix. You simply don’t want any dry spots left in the batter.
- Then, in a separate bowl and with a pastry butter or two knives, cut cold butter into a tablespoon of cinnamon. Stir that into the batter.
- Spread batter into prepared pan and bake.
- Let the bread cool for about 15-20 minutes, then, remove from pan.
- Wait another 15-20 minutes and top with icing.
- Let the icing set before serving, for best results.
Storage: Keep any leftover quick bread in a sealed container. It does not need to be refrigerated, but, it’s best to eat it within 2-3 days. You can also freezer this bread. It will stay good in a covered, freezer safe container/storage bag for a couple of months.
🍁 More Maple Recipes:
- Maple Walnut Cake with Maple Buttercream Frosting
- French Toast Bites with Maple Butter Dipping Sauce
- Maple Chocolate Pecan Bars
- Walnut and Maple Syrup Muffin