Stay warm and make some creamy potato soup right in your crock pot!
- Potatoes, diced
- Cream cheese
- Chicken broth
- Minced garlic
- Minced onion
📌 Pin it for Later:
Do I Have to Peel the Potatoes? Actually, it’s your choice. I have made this with peeled potatoes and unpeeled potatoes. Both ways are delicious!
Can I Use Fresh Chopped Onion & Garlic? Yes. I do recommend soften them both up in a skillet beforehand.
Can I Use Unsalted/Low Sodium Chicken Broth? Yes. Check in the recipe card for the brand I prefer.
How to Make:
- First, add diced potatoes into the crock pot. Then, add in minced onion, garlic and chicken broth.
- Cover and cook.
- Next, cut up the cream cheese into cubes. Stir into the potatoes. Continue cooking until the cheese if fully melted. This should take approx 30 minutes.
- Once the cheese is melted, puree the soup to desired consistency. You can do this using your immersion blender.
- If you don’t have an immersion blender, you can use a hand potato masher or carefully, transfer the soup into a regular standing blender, then, return it to the crock pot to keep warm.
- Chopped bacon
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Sour cream or plain Greek yogurt