No baking required for these gooey peanut buttery bars with a chocolate and butterscotch topping! You won’t be able to eat just one. #guaranteed
There are so many recipes here at Table for Seven that come from my childhood. These bars are one of them.
Scotcheroos? I am guessing the ‘scotch’ comes from butterscotch chips. The ‘roos’? I’m stumped. 🤔
These are cripsy rice bars made with gooey peanut butter and corn syrup. Then, they are topped off with a combination of melted chocolate and butterscotch chips. Yum overload.
- Crispy rice cereal ( ex: Rice Krispies or brand equivalent)
- Light corn syrup
- Peanut butter
- Chocolate chips
- Butterscotch chips
- If you aren’t able to find butterscotch baking chips, you can substitute with peanut butter baking chips.
- When cutting, spray a sharp knife with non stick cooking spray for easier cutting.
- Be sure to store leftovers in the refrigerator.
- This recipe was originally shared in 2011. It was re-shared in 2021 with new text and photos.