Sweet tangy chicken that requires just a basic (just six!) ingredients and can be made in your instant pot or your crock pot! This apricot chicken goes perfect with a side of brown or white rice.
I have another great chicken recipe for your Instant Pot (pressure cooker) or Crock Pot (slow cooker)! Now, this chicken isn’t the most attractive chicken in town, but, darn it, it’s good!
Just Six Ingredients:
- Boneless chicken
- Apricot preserves
- Catalina dressing
- Minced onion
- Minced garlic
What Supplies Do I Need for Apricot Chicken?
- Crock Pot (Slow Cooker) or Instant Pot (Pressure Cooker)
- Mixing Bowl + Whisk
- Serving Tongs
- Basting brush
- Yes, you can use partially frozen chicken breasts!
- I used 1.25 lbs of boneless chicken breasts. This should be approx 3-4 medium size breasts.
- If you wish to make your Catalina dressing homemade, I’ve included instructions in the recipe card.
- For the crock pot version: In the past, I have used boneless chicken tenders for this recipe and cooked the same amount of time. However, I haven’t used them in the instant pot yet, so, can’t say what the cook time would be for them.