Classic bread pudding with a touch of lemon and warm chocolate. Serve it with a dollop of whipped cream or vanilla ice cream for a delicious finishing touch.
- Heavy cream
- Chocolate chips
Pin it for Later:
Bread: A thicker bread will work best for bread pudding. The thicker the bread, the better it will absorb the cream mixture. You will need 4 regular size slices of bread.
Lemon: Lemon zest and lemon juice are both needed. So, one lemon will do the trick. Feel free to increase/decrease the amount of lemon, to match your taste preference. If you don’t want to use a fresh lemon, regular bottled lemon juice will work just fine.
How to Make:
- First, grease a 6-7 inch baking pan. See the recipe card for the one I used. Add 1 1/2 cups of water to the bottom of the instant pot and place steam rack into the bottom of the pot.
- Then, whisk together all the ingredients ( except the bread pieces and chocolate chips) in a mixing bowl.
- Once they are fully mixed, stir in the pieces of torn bread and chocolate chips.
- Transfer the mixture to your prepared pan and cover it with foil.
- Cover the pan with foil and place on top of steam rack.
- Cook on high pressure and do natural release for 10 minutes, then, a quick release.
- Carefully, remove pan from pot and uncover. Invert pan on to a plate/serving platter for serving. It’s very hot! Let it cool for 15-20 minutes before eating.