Crunchy chicken nuggets with a sesame crust. Dip them in honey teriyaki BBQ sauce for delicious weeknight meal!
- Boneless chicken breast
- Sesame seeds
- BBQ sauce
- Soy sauce
- Garlic + Onion powder
Boneless Chicken Breasts: You will need 1 pound. This should be 1-3 medium size breasts.
Oil: This is for frying the chicken nuggets. Go with a neutral tasting oil ( canola/vegetable/sunflower) for best results.
BBQ Sauce: For best results, go with a ketchup based BBQ sauce.
How to Make:
- First, make your batter. Whisk together the egg, water, flour, sesame seeds and water until smooth.
- Dip each 1 inch piece of chicken breast into the batter. Be sure to coat it completely.
- Cook each coated piece in preheated oil until they are no longer pink. This should take about 4-5 minutes.
- Make the BBQ: Whisk together the sauce ingredients in a saucepan. Over medium heat, bring it all to a boil. Reduce the heat and let it simmer for 15 minutes.
Heating Your Oil:
- Heat the cooking oil until 375 degrees. You can test it with a thermometer. If you don’t have a thermometer..stick the handle of a wooden spoon into the oil. If it’s ready, the oil will bubble around the handle.
Storage: Store nuggets in a covered container in the refrigerator. You can also freeze them in a freezer safe, covered container/storage bag. They will be good for 3-4 months.
Keep leftover BBQ sauce in a covered jar/container in the refrigerator. Use it within a week.