A delicious twist on your ordinary stuffed shells! Jumbo shells packed full of flavorful taco meat, gooey cheese, taco sauce and your favorite salsa. A hearty meal for the whole family.
I ♡ tacos in just about any form. Including, pasta!
This dish is really simple and is a great change up from your average taco or pasta dish. Serve it with a side salad and dinner is served.
- Ground beef
- Taco seasoning
- Cream cheese
- Jumbo shells
- Taco sauce
- Taco blended cheese
Ground Beef: Ground turkey, ground pork or ground chicken can be used as a replacement. You can also use a beef less ground option, such as, Gardein. Just as a note: If your meat seems a bit too greasy/oily, drain before adding taco seasoning and cream cheese.
What Can I Make Homemade for this Recipe?
How to Make Taco Stuffed Shells:
- First, make the shells according to the package instructions. Once cooked, drain and keep the shells separated from each other. You don’t want them sticking together.
- Next, brown the ground beef ( or your choice of ground protein) until no longer pink. If necessary, drain.
- Add in taco seasoning and let it all simmer for about 5-10 minutes. Then, add in cream cheese and cover for just about 5 minutes. This will help melt the cheese. Remove the lid and stir it all to combine. Make sure your cheese if fully melted!
- Let the mixture cool for about 10 minutes.
- Preheat your oven and spoon the salsa evenly on to the bottom of your baking dish.
- Stuff each shell with the meat/cheese mixture and place in pan. You want to shell to have the open side facing up.
- Spoon taco sauce over shells.
- Cover and bake. Then, remove cover and top with shredded cheese. Return to the oven and finish baking.
- Serve with a topping of taco sauce, shredded lettuce or pico de gallo.