Quick, versatile and delicious! Make your own spaghetti sauce right in your instant pot and use it in place of the jarred stuff.
I stopped buying jarred spaghetti sauce a long time ago. It’s packed full of added salt and I was constantly buying large quantities of it. Plus, everyone around here had their own favorite brand..kinda frustrating.
Making it homemade is easier. I control the flavors and texture. Plus, it’s cheaper. I make a big batch when salt free canned tomatoes are on sale and store it in my freezer until we use it.
The Ingredients List:
- Crushed tomatoes
- Diced tomatoes
- Tomato paste
- Minced onion
- Minced garlic
- Dried oregano
- Dried basil
- Salt + Pepper
Can I Use Fresh Tomatoes? Yes. However, you will need to increase your cooking time.
Minced Onion: I use minced onion for this sauce. It’s just a personal preference. If you don’t want to use the dried version, feel free to add a small diced onion instead. But, again, you will need to increase your cooking time.
Dried Spices: Feel free to adjust to your personal taste.
How to Make:
- Add all ingredients into instant pot and stir lightly to combine.
- Cover and cook on high pressure for 10 minutes. Do a natural release for 10 minutes, then, do a quick release.
- Let sauce cool for 1 hour, then, puree to desired consistency using a stick blender or food processor.
- Leftovers can be stored in a covered container in refrigerator for a week or in a covered, freezer safe container for a couple of months.
Use Your Sauce:
- Instant Pot Spaghetti and Meat Sauce
- Creamy Italian Sausage Spaghetti
- One Pot Spaghetti
- Million Dollar Spaghetti Casserole