Soft pumpkin bread with a swirl of dark chocolate, then, topped with a sweet powder sugar glaze!
- Flour + Baking powder + Ground cinnamon
- Salt + Baking soda
- Brown sugar
- Pumpkin puree
- Dark chocolate chips
- Powdered sugar
No Buttermilk on Hand? Whisk about a tablespoon of vinegar into the half of cup of milk. Let it sit for 5 minutes, then, use as directed in recipe.
Brown Sugar: If desired, coconut palm sugar can be used as a replacement.
Pumpkin Puree: Be sure you are using pure pumpkin puree..not pumpkin pie mix.
How to Make:
- First, make batter. Set aside.
- Then, in a saucepan or microwave safe bowl, melt chocolate chips until smooth. If you are using the microwave, do this in 30 second intervals, to prevent burning.
- Scoop a portion of the plain batter into a clean bowl. Add in the melted chocolate and whisk to combine.
- Add both batters into your prepared pan. Alternating between the two. Once both batters are in the pan, swirl with a butter knife. Don’t mix it all together.
- Once fully baked, remove from the pan and let it cool for about 30 minutes before adding glaze.
- Whisk together glaze ingredients and drizzle on top of cooled loaf. Then, let the loaf cool completely before serving.
Storage: Keep any leftovers in a seal container. You don’t need to refrigerate it, but, it’s best if it’s eaten within 2-3 days.
Freezing: This bread can be frozen. I do recommend freezing it without the glaze, then, add it once it’s defrosted and ready to serve.