An easy cake loaded with sweet apples and made right in your crock pot! Serve it warm for a perfect fall dessert.
- Yellow cake mix
- Apple pie filling
- Ground cinnamon
- Brown sugar
- Plain Greek yogurt
Cake Mix: Vanilla, yellow, white or any similar variety will work for these. Stick with a standard size box ( 15-18 oz) and you will be good.
Oil: A neutral tasting oil (canola/vegetable/sunflower) work best for this cake.
Plain Greek Yogurt: If desired, you can replace this with sour cream.
Brown Sugar: Coconut palm sugar can be used as a replacement.
How to Make:
- First, mix the apple mixture. Then, spread just half of it into a prepared crock pot.
- Then, make your batter. Spread just half of the batter on top of those apples.
- Add another layer of apples and batter.
- Cover the crock pot and cook.
- After 2 hours, turn off the crock pot and leave the lid just ajar. Continue for another 30 minutes.
- This cake is best served warm!
- Cooking time may vary, depending on your crock pot. Your cake will be done when a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Keep any leftover cake in a covered container in the refrigerator. Eat within 2-3 days.