Classic pumpkin pie with a smooth, chocolate twist!
- 9 inch deep dish pie crust
- Pumpkin puree
- Brown sugar
- Evaporated milk
- Ground cinnamon + Cloves + Salt
- Chocolate chips
Pumpkin Puree: Be sure it’s pure pumpkin, not pumpkin pie filling.
Pie Crust: You will need a 9 inch deep dish pie crust for this one. You can make it homemade, but, for a deep dish, I prefer to go with the frozen variety. Simply defrost it before baking.
How to Make:
- First, let your pie crust defrost. While defrosting, preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
- Make the filling for your pie and pour into the pie crust.
- Bake for just 15 minutes, then, reduced your oven temperature to 350 degrees.
- Continue baking until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Let the pie cool completely before topping with chocolate.
- When cooled, heat egg yolk and evaporated milk for the chocolate topping. Continue until it’s thicken. This should take about 5-10 minutes.
- Once thicken, remove from heat and stir in chocolate chips. Mix until they are totally melted and it’s smooth.
- Then, spread over the cooled pie.
- Refrigerate for at 2 hours before serving.
Storage: Keep any leftovers in the refrigerator.