A moist chocolate pudding cake topped with the fluffiest white frosting. Perfect for a weeknight dessert or a whole party!
Chocolate Cake= Best Stuff Ever!
- Chocolate cake mix
- Dry instant chocolate pudding mix
- Mini chocolate chips
- Egg whites
- Light corn syrup
- White sugar
Chocolate Cake Mix: Any brand or chocolate variety will work. Just be sure to stick with a “standard” size box of cake mix. Anywhere from 15-18 oz is fine.
Pudding Mix: Make sure it’s INSTANT pudding mix and not cook/serve. Also, do not make the pudding! The dry mix is all you need.
What Makes this Frosting Fluffy?
- This is not a buttercream frosting. This is a egg white and sugar based frosting that achieves fluffiness once the egg whites are beaten to stiff peaks.
How to Make Fluffy White Frosting:
- First, in a saucepan, heat corn syrup with sugar. Continue until sugar is fully dissolved. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- In a mixing bowl with a whisk attachment, whip the egg whites and salt until soft peaks form. Then, stream in the warm syrup while continuing to whip the egg whites.
- Continue whipping until stiff peaks form. You want them to be shiny white in color and the frosting should not drip off the whisk.
- Use the frosting immediately…it sets quickly!
- Keep any leftover frosting in an airtight, covered container in the refrigerator. Use within 2-3 days.