Beef Tostadas are a delicious change up from your regular taco routine. Crunchy and flavorful!
One of my favorite places for tacos is a small Mexican restaurant that is just a couple of blocks from the house I grew up in. It’s been there forever and it’s now becoming a favorite place for my kids too, when we are in the area.
Their tacos are amazing, but, my real love there is their beef tostadas. 😋
Flavorful beef and refried beans, lettuce, chihuahua cheese and sweet tomatoes..all topped on a super crunchy flat shell.
YUM….they are just so good.
Unfortunately, we don’t get down to my old neighborhood too often anymore, so, I like to make tasty delights right at home.
Guys, if you have never tried a tostada, you are missing out! You have the same basic taco meat, but, a little different flavor with the cheese and the additional of the beans as your base. Of course, the shell is also a big difference..tostada shells are flat and I think, much more crunchy than your average taco shell.
- Ground beef
- Taco seasoning
- Minced onion
- Chicken broth
- Refried beans
- Tostada shells
- Lettuce + tomatoes + Chihuahua cheese, for garnish
- Ground Beef: If desired, you can substitute this for ground turkey, ground chicken or a plant based crumble.
- Minced Onion: If you wish to use a fresh onion, simply chop/mince the desired amount and cook along with the ground beef.
- Taco Seasoning & Refried Beans: Want to Make Them Homemade? It’s easy → Homemade Taco Seasoning & Homemade Refried Beans.
- Cheese: You can also use cheddar cheese or a taco blended cheese!