Beef Tostadas are a delicious change up from your regular taco routine. Crunchy and flavorful!
One of my favorite places for tacos is a small Mexican restaurant that is just a couple of blocks from the house I grew up in. It’s been there forever and it’s now becoming a favorite place for my kids too, when we are in the area.
Their tacos are amazing, but, my real love there is their beef tostadas. 😋
Flavorful beef and refried beans, lettuce, chihuahua cheese and sweet tomatoes..all topped on a super crunchy flat shell.
YUM….they are just so good.
Unfortunately, we don’t get down to my old neighborhood too often anymore, so, I like to make tasty delights right at home.
Guys, if you have never tried a tostada, you are missing out! You have the same basic taco meat, but, a little different flavor with the cheese and the additional of the beans as your base. Of course, the shell is also a big difference..tostada shells are flat and I think, much more crunchy than your average taco shell.
- Ground beef
- Taco seasoning
- Minced onion
- Chicken broth
- Refried beans
- Tostada shells
- Lettuce + tomatoes + Chihuahua cheese, for garnish
- Ground Beef: If desired, you can substitute this for ground turkey, ground chicken or a plant based crumble.
- Minced Onion: If you wish to use a fresh onion, simply chop/mince the desired amount and cook along with the ground beef.
- Taco Seasoning & Refried Beans: Want to Make Them Homemade? It’s easy → Homemade Taco Seasoning & Homemade Refried Beans.
- Cheese: You can also use cheddar cheese or a taco blended cheese!
Tuesday 1st of May 2018
I love Tostadas, and your Tostadas look delicious! Hope you are having a great week and thanks so much for sharing your awesome post with Full Plate Thursday! Miz Helen
Erin Table for Seven
Wednesday 2nd of May 2018
Thanks Miz Helen!
Thursday 26th of April 2018
These sound amazing, thank you so much for sharing the recipe at The Really Crafty Link Party. Pinned.