Quick and simple! These BBQ Beef Biscuits make a perfect weeknight dinner.
Tired of plain ole’ ground beef or turkey dishes? Jazz them up with a little BBQ sauce with these delicious and portable biscuits. These are a great option for lunch, dinner or an appetizer!
- Ground beef ( or turkey)
- Minced onion
- Cheddar cheese
- Refrigerator biscuits
- BBQ Sauce
- Chopped green peppers, optional
Can I Use Fresh Onions Instead? Yes. Chop up your desired amount of onions and cook them with the ground meat as it browns.
Refrigerator Biscuits: Use your favorite refrigerator biscuits. I like to use the standard buttermilk variety. You can use a “flaky” versions, but you may need to cut the biscuits in half, or they will be too large.
How to Make:
- Remove the biscuits from the package and separate.
- Preheat your oven and grease a 12 count muffin pan.
- Next, in a skillet, brown the ground meat with the onion until no longer pink. Drain, if necessary.
- Return it to the skillet and stir in the BBQ sauce and a portion of the cheese.
- Press 1 piece of biscuit dough into a well of the prepared muffin pan.
- Spoon the meat mixture on top. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and top with the remaining cheese. Place them back in the oven and bake until the cheese is melted and biscuits are lightly brown.
Storage: Keep any leftovers in a covered container in the refrigerator.