Forget the fast food version! Make healthier chicken nuggets homemade.
- Boneless chicken breasts
- Olive oil
- Panko breadcrumbs
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Dry Italian seasoning
Chicken: I used 1.25 lbs of boneless chicken breasts. This should be approx 3-4 medium size breasts.
Olive oil: My preference is olive oil, but, canola, vegetable or sunflower will all work. Stick with a neutral tasting oil, for best results.
How to Make:
- First, line a large flat rimmed baking sheet with foil. Then, spray the foil with non stick cooking spray and preheat your oven.
- Next, cut your chicken breasts into bite size pieces/cubes. They should be about 1 inch in size.
- Mix together breadcrumbs, cheese and dry seasonings.
- Then, take each piece of chicken and coat it in the olive oil. Once it’s coated with the oil, coat it in the breadcrumbs/cheese mixture.
- Repeat with each piece of chicken and place them on prepared baking sheet. Spray the chicken with non stick cooking spray.
- Bake em’.
Storage: Keep any leftovers in a covered container in the refrigerator. They are best if they are eaten within 2-3 days. If desired, you can freeze baked nuggets. Be sure they are in a freezer safe, covered container or storage bag. They will be good for 2-3 months.