Deep Dish Pizza– A cheesy pizza baked in your oven safe skillet and topped with flavorful pizza sauce. You can add as many or as little fillings as your heart desires. A great option for a weeknight dinner or hearty lunch.
- Two Ingredient Pizza Dough
- Pizza sauce
- Mozzarella cheese slices
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Fillings of your choice
Pin it for Later:
Can I Use a Different Type of Pizza Dough?
- Yes. You can use your favorite homemade pizza dough, a pre made dough or dough from a mix for this dish. It will need to cover the entire sides and bottom of a 9-10 inch oven safe skillet. A link to my favorite pizza dough can be found in the recipe index.
Fill Up Your Pizza: The pizza shown is strictly cheese. It’s delicious, but, only mozzarella cheese. However, you can load up this pizza with a wide variety of fillings.
A few filling ideas:
- Cooked crumbled Italian sausage
- Cooked bacon pieces
- Chopped peppers or onions
- You can also change up the cheese to include an Italian blend or your favorite combination of cheeses!
How to Make:
- I used my iron skillet for this one. However, any oven safe skillet will do the job. Make sure it’s about 9-10 inches in size and is has some depth to it.
- Preheat your oven. If you aren’t using an iron skillet, lightly spray the skillet with non stick cooking spray.
- Prepare the dough as directed and roll it out on to a lightly floured surface.
- Press it evenly into the sides and bottom of the skillet.
- Lay the slices of cheese on top of the dough, then, top with any desired fillings.
- Spread on a layer of pizza sauce.
- Bake it!
- Once it’s done, you can sprinkle the top with grated Parmesan cheese before serving. It’s optional, but, does add a nice finishing touch.