Crock Pot Dulce de Leche- The easiest recipe you will ever make in your crock pot.
Nothing is farther from the truth. 🠉
This recipe literally only needs two ingredients: Sweetened condensed milk and water.
What is Dulce de Leche?
- It’s a thick caramel sauce that originated in Latin America. It’s translation is “candy made from milk” (thank you Wikipedia!).
- In many stores, you can purchase a can of ready made Dulce le Leche in the Hispanic food section. However, some areas ( like mine) don’t carry it at all. Which, is a bummer. Because, it’s some serious amazing stuff. No worries…making it is crazy simple!
Pin it for Later:
How to Make:
- Place a can of sweetened condensed milk into your crock pot. Leave the cover on the can and there is no need to remove the label.
- Pour in hot water. You want the water to be about two inches above the can. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.
- Once complete, using tongs, remove the can from the crock pot. Immediately place it in a bowl of cold water for 10 minutes. Do not stick this step! Your sauce and can are very hot. Opening it too early could be messy and dangerous.
- Now that it’s cooled, feel free to use it wherever you wish. As a topping, in hot chocolate, in a dessert recipe ( see some ideas below) or simply eat it with a spoon.
- Just be sure to remove it from the can before storing. Keep it in a covered jar/container and store in the refrigerator.
Note: If your crock pot has the space, you can cook two cans at the same time. Cooking times and instructions remain the same.
Put Your Dulce de Leche to Work:
- Dulce de Leche Chocolate Cake
- No Churn Dulce de Leche Ice Cream
- Samoa Brownie Pie
- Dulce de Leche Buttermilk Cheesecake
- Salted Caramel Pretzel Thumbprint Cookies