Black Bean Brownies–Just two ingredients for these fudgy, delicious brownies.Plus, they are low in fat!
When I first came across this recipe many years ago, I thought “ugh, that sounds disgusting!”
But, I figured, they are brownies. And they are only two ingredients. How bad could they be?
I took a leap and was pleasantly surprised.
What are the Two Ingredients?
- Dry brownie mix
- Black beans
Will any brownie mix work? Yes. Any brand/chocolate variety will work. Just be sure your box is for a 9 x 13 baking dish or a “family size” package.
Note: You will not need any of the other ingredients as noted on the box. Just the dry mix.
Black Beans: Yes, for real. You will need a 15 oz can. Stick with a basic, no spices or salt variety for best results.
Pin it for Later:
How to Make:
- Preheat your oven and grease your baking pan.
- Next, pour the whole content of the beans into a strainer. Rinse them well. Don’t dispose of your can!
- Pour the rinsed black beans back into the can, then, fill it with water.
- Transfer the whole thing into a blender or food processor. Blend until smooth.
- Mix the pureed beans/water mixture with the dry brownie mix.
- Spread the batter into your prepared pan and bake.
- Dusting of powdered sugar
- Whipped cream or whipped topping
- Chocolate frosting
- Chocolate fudge syrup
Last Note: Do not worry! You can not taste any beans in these brownies. Just fudgy goodness. ♡