Christmas Tree Brownies- Have a little festive fun with a package of brownies! Thick, fudgy brownies decorated like a Christmas tree. A fun holiday activity and dessert.
Pin it For Later:
- Box of brownie mix for a 9 x 13 pan + ingredients called for on box
- 1 extra Egg
- Vanilla frosting
- Desired decorations for your trees
Will any brownie mix work? Yes. Any brand/chocolate variety will work.
How come you baked a 9 x 13 mix in an 8 x 8 pan? Baking them in the smaller pan will give you a thicker brownie. You can opt to bake your mix in the regular 9 x 13 or 9 x 9 pans, but, your trees will be a bit thinner.
An Extra Egg? Yes. Adding an extra egg into the batter will give you a more cake-like brownie. They will hold up a bit better with the frosting.
How to Make:
- Make your brownie batter according the box instructions, plus, that extra egg. Spread it into an 8 x 8 pan and bake according to the instructions on the box.
- Tip: Be sure to line the pan with parchment paper or foil (sprayed with non stick cooking spray) beforehand. This makes easily removal when it’s time to cut the brownies.
- Let them cool completely.
- When it’s time, remove them from the pan.
- Cut the whole batch in half. Then, for each half, cut into triangles such that two sides of the triangles have the same length.
- Decorate with green frosting and desired festive decorations.
Used in this Recipe:
- Vanilla Frosting with Green Gel Food Dye
- Candy Star Sprinkles
- Sugar Pearls
- 1 M Piping Tip
- Sugar Sprinkles
A look back:
- one year ago: Red Velvet Crinkle Cookies
- two years ago: Easy Chocolate Bark
- three years ago: Chocolate Macarons
- four years ago: Hot Cocoa Pancakes
- five years ago: Peppermint Layer Cake