Homemade Caramel Sauce- No jarred stuffed required! Making smooth homemade caramel sauce at home home is simple and requires just a handful of ingredients.
📌 Pin it for Later:
- Whipping cream
- Brown sugar
How to Make:
- In a saucepan over medium heat, whisk together whipping cream and brown sugar. Let it come to a simmer and cook until the mixture is thicken. This should take approx 5-8 minutes.
- Be sure to keep a close eye on it, to avoid burning.
- Once it’s thicken, remove it from the heat. Whisk in vanilla, salt and butter. Once it’s smooth and the butter is melted, it’s ready.
- Let it cool before serving. It will thicken up slightly as it cools.
Storage: Keep any leftovers in a covered container in the refrigerator. Use within a week.
Use Your Homemade Caramel Sauce:
- Peanut Butter Caramel Cookie Bars
- Chocolate Caramel Oat Bars
- Rolo Cupcakes
- Layered Brownie Dessert
- Caramel Apple Cinnamon Rolls