Red Velvet Crinkle Cookies- Fun and festive! Soft red velvet cookies that start out with a cake mix and need just three simple additional ingredients to create.
My Budding Baker has made up a batch of cookies for your holiday enjoyment.
Red Velvet Crinkle Cookies are a cinch to make and are just about the perfect cookie for this time of year. 🎅
The Ingredients List:
- Red velvet cake mix
- Whipped topping ( ex: Cool Whip/Truwhip)
- Powdered sugar
How to Make: First, mix the dry cake mix with an egg and whipped topping. Your dough will be very sticky!
Next, drop a spoonful of batter into a bowl of powdered sugar. Coat it well, then, shake off any excess. Place on the prepared baking sheet. Repeat until your batter is gone.
Bake. The cookies will look a bit soft when they come out of the oven, this is OK. Let them sit on the cookie sheet for about 5 minutes to cool, then, cool completely on a wire rack.
A few recipe notes:
- This recipe will work with any flavor cake mix! Just be sure to stick with a standard size box.
- You can also use food coloring or your favorite flavor extract to make your own creation.
- Powdered sugar: Start off with 1 cup of powdered sugar for your coating. However, you may need an additional 1/4-1/2 cup, depending on how many cookies you make.
- It’s best to stick with smaller size cookies. These do spread a smidgen bit when baking, so, I like to stick with a smaller size spoonful when scooping the dough.
Red Velvet Crinkle Cookies- Fun and festive! Soft red velvet cookies that start out with a cake mix and need just two additional ingredients to create.
- 1 box red velvet cake mix
- 1 egg
- 2 cups whipped topping ( ex: Cool Whip/Truwhip)
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or silicone mats.
- In a mixing bowl, beat dry cake mix, egg and whipped topping.
- Drop by spoonfuls into powdered sugar and roll to coat well. Spoon on cookie sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes. Let cookies sit for 5 minutes before removing from the cookie sheet. Then, cool completely on a wire rack.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 40Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 8mgSodium: 12mgCarbohydrates: 6gFiber: 0gSugar: 5gProtein: 0g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information on ourtableforseven.com should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate