Cheddar Ale Soup- Creamy soup loaded with sharp cheddar cheese and a bite of ale. Serve with a side of your favorite bread for the perfect fall meal.
It’s getting chilly out there friends. Make soup for dinner! 🥣
The Ingredients List:
- Carrots + Celery
- Dried seasonings: Black pepper-garlic powder-minced onion-paprika
- Dijon mustard
- Chicken broth
- Cream + Milk
- Sharp cheddar cheese
What is Ale? Beer. Well, it’s a type of beer that has a more bitter flavor. We used pale ale, but, you can use any type/brand you wish. Just try and avoid anything with too many hops.
Sharp Cheddar Cheese: I do recommend using a sharp cheddar cheese for this soup. However, if you wish to use something milder, it can be used.
Heavy Cream: Again, I recommend using cream for this one. It does give it a nice creamy texture. But, whole milk can be used as a replacement, if needed.
Carrots & Celery: I minced ours to have a smoother soup. You can chop these to any size your prefer, depending on how chunky you want your soup.
Can I freeze this soup? Freezing any cheese soup is not a good idea. When it thaws, the soup may separate and it’s not very pretty or appetizing.
Finish off Your Soup:
- Garnish with sour cream or plain Greek yogurt
- Top with chopped cooked bacon or chopped chives
- Serve with No Knead Artisan Bread
- Eat it from a Homemade Bread Bowl
A look back:
- one year ago: Chocolate Mousse Pastry Cups
- two years ago: Chocolate Chip Croissant Bread Pudding
- three years ago: Weekly Meal Plan #45
- four years ago: Crock Pot Chili’s Queso
- five years ago: Salted Caramel Pie
- six years ago: Swedish Flop Cake
- seven years ago: Nutella Brownie Bites
- eight years ago: Crock Pot Honey Garlic Chicken
- nine years ago: Pizza Meatloaf