Lemon Brownies! One bowl + handful of simple ingredients = lemon love overload. 💛
Call them brownies. Call them blondies. Call them bars or squares.
Call them whatever you want! Just make them, because, they are simple, delicious and bursting with lots of lemon flavor. Spring baking alert!
What Ingredients are Needed?
- Flour + Baking Soda + Salt
- Plain Greek yogurt
- Lemon Juice + zest
- additional for glaze: powdered sugar
A few recipe notes:
No Greek yogurt? Sour cream can be used as a replacement.
Be sure to line your 8 x 8 pan with foil or parchment paper. If using foil, spray it lightly with cooking spray. Let the paper/foil hang a bit over the edge of your pan. This will make removing the bars in one big piece really simple.
Oil: Use a neutral tasting oil for best results. (ex:canola, sunflower, vegetable)
No need to haul out your electric mixer for these. Mix the batter with a silicone/rubber spatula and use a whisk for the glaze. Easy peasy.
A look back:
- one year ago: Strawberry Desserts + Drinks
- two years ago: Strawberry Cream Pie
- three years ago: Weekly Meal Plan #24
- four years ago: Lemon Layer Cake with Homemade Lemon Curd and Mascarpone Frosting
- five years ago: Salted Caramel and Chocolate Rice Krispies Treats
- six years ago: Apricot Chicken
- seven years ago: Mexican Chicken Alfredo
- eight years ago: Cinnamon Chip Muffins