20 + Easy Dinner Dishes Made from 5 Pantry Staples- – Shop from your kitchen and don’t worry about dinner.
I was so torn about what to post today. While, I would like to post a nice dessert recipe and pretend that the world is going along as it always has, it isn’t. Things are different.
I’m not going to get political or preach about what you need to be doing in your life to stay healthy and keep others healthy around you.
This is a food blog. I share food.
With that, I’m sharing some very easy recipes ideas with you guys today. Recipes that include one (or more) of easy pantry staples and ingredients that may be sitting in your kitchen as you read this.
The idea: Use what you have in your house to cook food for you and your family without worrying about running out to the grocery store.
Stay aware, stay healthy and enjoy-
- Fettuccine Alfredo: You don’t always need cream to make Alfredo sauce. Try a milk version with cream cheese or just milk with Parmesan cheese. You can also make a vegan cashew version.
- Stove Top Mac n Cheese: Get creative with your cheese mixtures and use what you have in the refreigerator.
- Skillet Chicken Enchilada Pasta: This dish is great with or without the chicken. You can use homemade or canned enchilada sauce.
- Baked Spaghetti: Use ground beef/turkey or Italian sausage with this or again, it’s great without any type of meat at all. Go with homemade or jarred red sauce.
- Broccoli Rice Casserole: If needed, you can replace the broccoli with cauliflower and add chicken for an extra bit of protein.
- Pork Fried Rice: I love this dish because it’s so versatile. Use your favorite meat and veggies or make a meat free version.
- Baked Mashed Potato Casserole : Go with your favorite cheese, use pre made/boxed mashed potatoes or add /subtract the protein of your choice. Even taco meat.
- Potato Soup: While my recipe here at Table for Seven is for the crock pot, there are stove top versions and for your instant pot.
- One Dish No Boil Penne and Meatballs: crushed tomatoes Omit the meatballs and use your favorite pasta. No boiling required!
- Creamy Taco Pasta: diced tomatoes Only one pan needed! Use ground turkey, beef or chicken and your favorite pasta.
Flour/Baking (Biscuit) Mix:
Theses recipes require a biscuit/baking mixing ( ex: Bisquick). If you don’t have any on hand, it can easily be made homemade.
- Taco Pie: Use ground beef, turkey or chicken.
- Pancake Casserole: Breakfast for dinner!
- Impossible Pies: So many varieties!