Half a Dozen Funfetti Cupcakes are such fun! They are soft, fluffy and full of sprinkles. Plus, you are only making 6 (six!). Which, are great for smaller gatherings or a quick treat when your cupcake sweet tooth has gone into overdrive.
My cupcake obsession continues.
I know→→→cupcakes. Why does she make so many cupcakes?!
Ah! I can’t help it. I adore cupcakes. I have so much adoration, that my family bought me lemon cupcakes for Mother’s Day instead of a cake or pie or cookies.
Just 4 lemon cupcakes.
Why only 4? Because, with the exception of one of my children, I’m the only one who eats lemon cupcakes. So, I only had to share cupcakes with just 1 kid!
That’s quite rare in my house and guys, it was a pretty darn good treat for Mother’s Day.
Who needs flowers? 😉
Speaking of small-portion size cupcakes, today, we have funfetti cupcakes and this recipe only makes 6 of them!
Note: Funfetti = Sprinkle Overload
These cupcakes are yummy. Plus, soft, fluffy and kinda fun.
Your Supply List:
- 6 count muffin pan ( or just use 1/2 of your 12 count)
- Cupcake liners or non stick cooking spray
- Mixing bowl
- Electric Mixer + mixing bowl
- Scoop ( for batter)
- Measuring cups/spoons
Ingredients for Your 1/2 Dozen Cupcakes:
- Baking powder
- Egg white
- Powdered Sugar
- Food coloring (optional)
A few recipe notes:
- Food coloring for the frosting is totally optional! But, it does make them more fun. I use gel food coloring for mine. I think it makes the colors brighter than using the liquid stuff.
- You don’t need to break out the big mixer for the cupcake batter. A medium size mixing bowl and whisk work great. Be sure not to over-mix your batter! It will give you dense cupcakes. But, you will have to use your electric mixer for the frosting.
- Don’t forget to softened butter for the frosting! It makes it nice and fluffy.