Soft chocolate scones drenched in a creamy dark chocolate glaze. Top them off with peppermint candies to add a little something extra to these delicious treats. They are great for breakfast, brunch or dessert. Grab a cup a tea and have a scone!
Homemade bread is the best! Check out the Recipe Index for more amazing bread + rolls recipes!
I’ve got more chocolate for you today..Dark Chocolate Scones!
Are they for breakfast? A snack? A dessert? Whenever you decide to give them a try, you will not be disappointed. They are amazing and are a totally decadent treat.
Get Your Supplies and Ingredients Ready:
- Flat rimmed baking sheet + parchment or slip mats
- Electric mixer + mixing bowl.
- Pastry cutter or two sharp knives.
- Medium size saucepan + wooden spoon.
- Cold butter.
- Dark chocolate unsweetened cocoa powder.
- Baking powder.
- Dark chocolate baking chips.
- Remember to use COLD butter! This will help your scones rise better. Plus, using a simple pastry cutter or two sharp knives will work fine to cut the butter into your flour. No need to drag out the food processor.
- You can use regular cocoa powder with recipe. But, I highly recommend using dark cocoa powder with these. It gives the scones a delicious, deep chocolate flavor.
- Don’t over mix your dough. Mix just until everything comes together. Over mixing can lead to tough-textured scones.
- Peppermint candies are optional, but, do give them a little extra something and they are perfect for the holidays!