Soft croissants soaked in a sweet cream custard and topped with two kinds of chocolate! This bread pudding is a decadent treat that is best served warm with a dollop of whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
Is it Wednesday already?!
Goodness, this week has been crazy busy. I’m taking somebody, somewhere every day this week and it’s been a bit of a whirlwind. So, I apologize for missing my regular scheduled Monday post! Honestly, I just never had a chance to sit down and get it done.
We do, however, have a super amazing dessert for you today…bread pudding!
This bread pudding is a little different, it’s made with croissants, instead of regular bread. It’s also topped with two kinds of chocolate chips, plus, it’s decadent and delicious.
What Do I Need to Make Croissant Bread Pudding?
- 🗸 9 x 9 baking pan + non stick cooking spray
- 🗸Large mixing bowl.
- 🗸 Wire whisk.
- 🗸 Wooden spoon.
- 🗸 Croissants.
- 🗸 Baking chips ( semi- sweet and white chocolate)
- 🗸 Egg yolks.
- 🗸 Milk.
- 🗸 Whipping cream.
- 🗸 Vanilla.
- 🗸 Ground cinnamon.
- 🗸 Sugar.
A few recipe notes:
- If you can’t find 6 large croissants, 8-9 small croissants will work fine. “Day Old” croissants will work too!
- Don’t forget to grease the sides, as well as, the bottom of your pan. This make removal much easier.
- After 20 minutes of baking, cover the pan lightly with a piece of foil. Don’t forget this step! It will help in preventing the top from burning too quickly.
A look back:
- one year ago: Maple Cream Pie
- two years ago: Crock Pot Chili’s Queso
- three years ago: Salted Caramel Pie
- four years ago: Skillet Breaded Chicken Cordon Bleu
- five years ago: Peanut Butter and Caramel Cookie Bars