Soft bread with a swirl of cinnamon sugar running right through. Topped with a sweet powdered sugar glaze to give your bread the perfect taste of a cinnamon roll. This Cinnamon Roll Quick Bread is great for dessert, a snack or breakfast.
Happy Monday to all! I hope you had a lovely weekend!
We are jumping right into an amazing quick bread recipe that was originally shared here on the blog back in 2013. Holy cow.. have I been blogging that long?! Good grief. 😲
Annyywaayy, this was recipe I found when participating in the now-defunct blogging group, The Secret Recipe Club. Each month, you would visit an assigned blog and make, then, feature a recipe from the blog. It was an awesome group and I found some really great blogs (and recipes!) from it. I’ve always loved this recipe and have made it quite regularly ever since.
It’s a quick bread that is soft, sweet and all the great flavors of a cinnamon roll.
What ingredients and supplies you will need:
- 9 inch loaf pan.
- Baking powder
- Ground cinnamon
- Powdered Sugar
- Plain Greek yogurt
- A large mixing bowl.
- Rubber spatula
- Non stick cooking spray.
A few notes for this recipe:
- You don’t need to use a large electric mixer for this bread. A rubber spatula will work fine for it. Be sure not to over mix the dough. A few lumps in the batter are ok. They will help the dough stay light and the bread won’t be too dense.
- Be sure to grease your loaf pan well. Non stick cooking spray, butter or shortening are all good options.
- If you don’t have any plain Greek yogurt, you can substitute with sour cream.
- After baking, leave your bread in the pan for 15-20 minutes before attempting to remove. If you try and remove it while still really hot, you may have yourself a mess.
A look back:
- ONE YEAR AGO: Instant Pot Four Cheese Soup
- TWO YEARS AGO: Double Chocolate Sour Cream Bundt Cake
- THREE YEARS AGO: Apple Pie Sugar Cookie Bars
- FOUR YEARS AGO: No Bake Cake Batter Granola Bars
- FIVE YEARS AGO: Sweet and Sour Chicken