Browned Butter Cinnamon Rice Krispies Treats are not your average rice krispie treat! Simple, delicious bars kicked up a notch with cinnamon and browned butter. No baking required!
These lovelies are such a classic.
Crispy rice cereal mixed in with melted butter and marshmallows?! Who can refuse?
Today’s recipe is a nice twist on the classic rice krispies treats. They are made with browned butter and a sweet cinnamon/sugar mixture. They are gooey and soooo good.
Here’s a few things to note:
- This recipe is made in a 9 x 9 pan, instead of the traditional 9 x 13. If you don’t have a 9 x 9 pan, the 9 x 13 will work just fine. Your bars will just be a bit thinner than what is picture.
- Don’t be intimidated by browning the butter! Just be sure to keep a close eye on the butter and don’t let it get too dark or it will burn. If possible, use a pan with a light colored bottom, so, you can keep track of the color more easily.
- If by chance, you don’t want to brown the butter, that’s ok too. Just melt the butter normally and follow the recipe as noted.
4. Be sure to press the sugar/cinnamon mixture firmly on to the top of your bars. If you don’t it will all just come sliding off when you eat them 😉
5. Spray your knife with a little non stick cooking spray when cutting the bars. These are gooey, so, it just makes the whole process a bit easier.
Gooey and packed with cinnamon! These Browned Butter Cinnamon Rice Krispsies Treats are a fun, simple and have all the greats flavors of a snickerdoodle cookie, along with a distinct nutty flavor from the browned butter.
These is also no baking required for these…makes them perfect for summer. 👍 ☀️