Salted Peanut Honey Bars! No bake bars packed full of peanuts and honey. Top them off with a drizzle of chocolate or have them plain for a sweet and salty treat.
We are total peanut butter fanatics around here. Love it. I actually have a child that coats everything in peanut butter (including vegetables), because, he says it “just makes everything taste better”. I’m not that fanatical, but, I do love me some peanut butter. It’s just so darn good.
Today’s post not only has peanut butter, but, actual peanuts. Real life, crunchy, fabulous peanuts. Yum.
- crispy rice cereal
- creamy peanut butter
- chocolate chips, optional
Crispy Rice Cereal: AKA – Rice Krispies or brand equivalent
Peanuts: Salted or Unsalted can be used..your choice!
How to Make:
- In a saucepan, melt honey and sugar until sugar is fully dissolved. Let the mixture come to a low boil ( keep a close eye on it) then, remove from the heat and stir in the peanut butter.
- Next, mix the peanut butter mixture with chopped peanuts and cereal. Be sure everything is coated.
- Press the mixture into your pan and top with a few additional chopped peanuts. You will need to press them down lightly to have them stick. Refrigerate until set.
- If desired, you can melt chocolate chips and drizzle on cooled bars.
A few notes:
- Spraying your knife with non stick cooking spray makes your life much easier when cutting these.
- Line your pan well with foil and again, spray with non stick cooking spray before adding the cereal mixture.