Skillet Baked Chicken! A delicious, crispy, chicken that bakes in your skillet.
- Boneless chicken breasts
- Dried Spices: Paprika-Poultry Seasoning-Black Pepper
Chicken: You will need 1.25 lbs. Depending on sizes, this could be anywhere from 2-4 pieces
Dried Spices: Feel free to increase/decrease the dried spices to your taste preference.
How to Make (full instructions in recipe card):
- Pat chicken breasts dry. In a large plastic storage bag, add flour and dried spices. Set aside.
- In a shallow dish, whisk together egg and milk.
- Working in batches, place the chicken breasts in the storage bag and seal. Shake to coat.
- Remove from the bag and coat in the egg/milk mixture. Then, coat it again in your flour mixture.
- Cook each piece of coated chicken in an oven safe skillet. Brown chicken for about 5 minutes or so on each side. You are just getting the outside brown, not cooking completely!
- Again, do this in batches and don’t overcrowd your skillet.
- Once they are browned, bake them in a preheated oven. Be sure to let them rest for about 5 minutes before cutting/serving.
- I used my iron skillet for this, but, any kind of oven-safe skillet will work fine.
- Cooking time may vary, depending on the size/thickness of your chicken. The internal temperature of your chicken should be at least 165 degrees when done.
Serve it With:
- Air Fryer Baby Potatoes
- Brown Rice
- Simple Herb Stuffing
- Broccoli Salad
- Roasted Green Beans with Parmesan
- Brown Sugar Roasted Carrots
- Mashed Potatoes