Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Stuffed Doughnuts with Chocolate Glaze- – Fried doughnuts stuffed with (safe!) edible chocolate chip cookie dough, then, drenched in a amazing chocolate glaze.
- Flour + Salt
- Brown sugar
- Whipping cream
- Regular chocolate chips + Mini chocolate chips
- Corn syrup
How to Make:
- In a stand mixer, with dough hook, add milk and yeast into bowl. Let yeast dissolve completely.
- Then, add flour, sugar, salt and eggs. Mix on low 4-5 minutes or until dough forms. Add butter pieces one at a time and continue mixing on low for an additional 4-5 minutes.
- Wrap dough tightly in plastic wrap and refrigerate for anywhere from 6 hours to overnight.
- When ready, on a well floured surface, roll out dough to about a 12 inch square and 1/2 inch thick.
- With a biscuit cutter or a cup, cut out the dough into round circles.
- Line a flat rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone mats. Place the dough circles on top of the prepared baking sheet. Cover them and let them rise in a warm place for about 1-2 hours. You want them to double in size.
- When ready, add about 3-4 inches of oil into a large pan and heat until it reaches 350 degrees.
- Add 1-3 doughnuts at a time to hot oil and fry each side 2 minutes or until browned. Remove with a slotted spoon and let them drain on paper towels.
- Wait until doughnuts are cool enough to handle and stuff each with desired amount of cookie dough filling.
- Prepare chocolate glaze and spread on top of stuffed doughnuts.
- Let glaze set before serving.
A few notes:
- The chocolate chip cookie dough filling can be made at any time. If desired, you can make it the day before and store in a covered container in the refrigerator until it’s needed.
- Be sure to keep track of your oil temperature! You do not want it too hot. Start frying once the oil temp is between 350-360 degrees. If you don’t have a thermometer..stick the handle of a wooden spoon into the oil. If it’s ready, the oil will bubble around the handle.
- These doughnuts are best eaten within a day of making.
Try these too:
- Cake Mix Doughnuts
- Baked Chocolate Doughnuts
- Old Fashion Buttermilk Doughnuts
- Simple Baked Cake Doughnuts