Rich chocolate cupcakes with a graham cracker crust and filled with gooey Rolo candies. Then..topped with cream cheese frosting and caramel sauce. #Dreamy
Looking for more cupcake recipes? Check out my Cupcake Board on Pinterest.
My favorite dessert = cupcakes.
How to make cupcakes better? 👉 👉 Add gooey pieces of candy
Gather your Supplies:
- 12 count muffin pan + liners
- Electric mixer + mixing bowl
- Ice cream scooper (for batter) or spoon
- Measuring cups + spoons
Ingredients for cupcakes:
- Brown sugar
- Unsweetened cocoa powder
- Baking soda
- Graham cracker crumbs
- Rolo candies
- Caramel sauce
- Yes, use an ice cream scooper! It’s a great tool to scoop cupcake batter.
- Don’t freak out if a few of your cupcake looked a bit “caved in” (see above collage). This is due to the baking with the candies. Frosting will cover that right up. 😉
- Be sure to let your cupcakes cool completely before frosting.
- Drizzling the tops with caramel sauce is optional, but, highly recommended. Plus, you can make your own caramel sauce.
More Cupcakes Here on the Blog:
- Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cupcakes with Brown Sugar Buttercream Frosting
- Blueberry Cupcakes with Soft Cream Cheese Frosting
- Boston Cream Pie Cupcakes
- Banana Cupcakes with Peanut Butter Frosting
Rich chocolate cupcakes with a graham cracker crust and filled with gooey Rolo candies. Then..topped with cream cheese frosting and caramel sauce.
FOR CUPCAKE BASE:
- 2/3 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup ( 1 stick) butter, melted
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- dash of salt
- 1/2 cup ( 1 stick) butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup chopped Rolo candies , plus additional for topping
- caramel sauce, for topping
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 TBSP vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 12 count muffin pan or use liners.
- In a bowl, mix graham crackers crumbs with melted butter. Add approx 2 TBSP of the mixture into the bottom of each cup of pan. Spread evenly and press firmly into pan.
MAKE CUPCAKE BATTER:
- In a bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, salt, and cocoa powder. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, beat butter with both sugars. Then, add in eggs and vanilla. Gradually, add in flour mixture and milk. Alternating between the two.
- Mix until fully combined.
- Fold in candies.
- Scoop batter evenly into pan ( on top of graham cracker crust)
- Bake 18-20 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool completely before frosting.
Beat cream cheese and butter until fluffy. Add in vanilla. Gradually, add in powdered sugar and beat until fully combined.
Frost on cooled cupcakes.
- If desired, drizzled with caramel sauce and top with additional candies.
- Adapted from Hapa-tite
- Category: Cupcakes
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: cupcakes, chocolate, Rolo candies, caramel, dessert