Double Baked Cheese Potatoes: Take your baked potatoes to the next level! Creamy potatoes with cheese loaded into your potato skin. A great option for dinner or a side dish.
- Cheddar cheese
- Plain Greek yogurt
Potatoes: Russet potatoes work best for these. I used 6 medium size for these. Try and stick with same size/amount to work with the ingredients listed in the recipe.
Cheese: We like a sharp cheddar variety for these potatoes. However, go with your favorite.
Plain Greek Yogurt: If you wish, replace this with sour cream.
How to Make:
- Bake the potatoes in a preheated oven until fully cooked. This should take about an hour. If you are looking for a quicker alternative, you can also cook them in the microwave or air fryer.
- Once they are done, let them cool for about 15 minutes. You want them to still be warm, but, don’t burn yourself!
- Cut the warm potatoes in half and scoop out the insides. Place the shells to the side.
- In a bowl, mash the insides of the potatoes with butter, sour cream and half of the cheese.
- Fill the empty shells with the mashed potatoes and top with the remaining cheese.
- Return the to the oven and bake for additional time.
Remember: If you are baking the potatoes, be sure to reduce the temperature of the oven before baking the filled shells.
Serve them With:
- Bleu Cheese And Bacon Sirloin Steak
- Baked Parmesan Chicken
- Grilled Honey Mustard Chicken
- Instant Pot BBQ Chicken