Cheddar Biscuits! Simple cheddar biscuits that require just a few ingredients. They go great with just about any dinner you are making or eat them plain. Just right for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
I love these biscuits.
They only need just a few simple ingredients and they are so darn versatile.
- Biscuit mix
- Cheddar cheese
- Garlic powder
- Melted butter
Biscuit Mix: AKA ” Bisquick” Any brand of biscuit mix will work or you can make also make a batch homemade.
They are a pretty basic biscuits. That means, you can dress them up or down, according to your taste or the dish your are serving.
A few ideas to change up your biscuits:
- Omit the garlic and add a pinch of ground cinnamon and sugar to sweetened them up.
- Stir in chopped, cooked bacon.
- Add in your favorite fresh herbs
- Replace the garlic powder with taco seasoning or chili powder to spice them up a bit.
- Instead of cheddar cheese, go with mozzarella. Then, serve with a side of pizza sauce.
- Add a bit of lemon zest and poppy seeds.
The possibilities are endless.
Make Your Biscuits:
- First, line a flat rimmed baking sheet with parchment or silicone mats and preheat the oven.
- Next, in a bowl, mix together biscuit mix, cheese and garlic powder.
- Add in milk and mix to combine. Your batter will be a bit lumpy and “rough”. That’s OK.
- Scoop the batter by the tablespoon and place on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and brush with melted butter. If desired, sprinkle tops with chopped parsley.
- Place back in oven and finish baking.