Baked Spaghetti- – The classic pasta baked up in a cheesy casserole. Perfect for a quick, weeknight dinner!
This is a very quick and easy oven dish for a weekly dinner. It is super cheesy and my kids (and me!) love it. It’s a great to change up regular ole’ spaghetti every once in a while.
- Spaghetti noodles
- Mozzarella cheese
- Parmesan cheese
- Spaghetti sauce
- Italian sausage
Spaghetti Noodles: You will need approx 4 cups of cooked noodles. This is about an 8 oz package of dried noodles. Regular or whole wheat will both work.
Tip: This recipe is a great way to make use of any leftover cooked spaghetti you have sitting in your refrigerator.
Italian Sausage: You can replace the sausage with ground beef, ground turkey, ground chicken or a plant based crumble. You can also leave it out completely.
Spaghetti Sauce: Want to Make it Homemade? It’s easy!
Pin it for Later:
How to Make:
- Prepare dry pasta and Italian sausage. Drain them both. Don’t forget: Rinse the cooked pasta under cold water.
- Next, in a mixing bowl, toss together cooked spaghetti, the egg, a portion of the mozzarella cheese and the Parmesan cheese.
- Spread it on the bottom of a greased baking dish.
- Then, sprinkle the top of that with the cooked ( and drained) sausage. Spread the top of that with the spaghetti sauce.
- Finally, top it off with the remaining mozzarella cheese.
A few tips:
- Double the recipe and split into two 8 inch pans. Cover and freeze the second pan and have it on a later date. Defrost and uncover before baking in the oven.
- Instead of crumbled meat, top with favorite cooked meatballs.
- Add in chopped peppers, mushrooms,spinach or whatever your favorite veggies are.
- It’s easily prepped beforehand. Make up the dish in the morning, cover and stick in your refrigerator until dinnertime. Just be sure to uncover before baking.
Try These Too:
- One Pot Spaghetti
- Creamy Italian Sausage Spaghetti
- Instant Pot Spaghetti and Meat Sauce
- Spaghetti and Meatball Soup